Eduardo Mallea, the well-known Higher Institute of Arts, led by Licenciada Lina Mundet, Master in Communication, dictates the course “Spanish for foreigners” both on campus and at a distance. The aim of the course is to provide professional qualification from a different perspective to the one currently used (mother tongue as opposed to second and foreign language)
In addition, it provides the tools necessary for the preparation of classes and focuses on the foreign student learning Spanish. It analyzes some typical grammatical problems when teaching Spanish for foreigners.
- Term of duration: Four months (16 classes)
- Schedule: Monday, from 7:00 PM to 8:30 PM or Thursday, from 9:00 AM to 10:30 Am
- Starting Date: August 8th (Monday) / August 11th (Thursday) 2016
- Type: theoretical and practice course
- Fee: ARS 800
- Unit I: Language teaching methodology: translation-grammatical methods, direct method, audio-lingual method, audiovisual method, communicative and task-based approach. Grammar book and dictionary for students of foreign language. Temporal correlation. Analysis of educational materials. Common problems when learning spanish as a foreing language
- Unit II: Vocabulary and Grammar from the perspective of a foreign language. Analysis of grammar problems in advanced levels: the subjunctive mode, adjective, noun and adverbial clauses; mandative and optative subjunctive. Techniques that facilitate the teaching of the subjunctive mode. Notion of level: beginner, intermediate, advanced.
- Unit III Analysis of common pragmatic strategies essential for the foreign speaker: courtesy (how to speak to people, turn-taking, and code switching), speech acts, relevance, etc. Identifying and studying grammar mistakes: objective pronouns, contrast between simple perfect-imperfect, and the verb to be. Systematization of the subjunctive mode: textbook analysis. Production of educational material integrating all contents.
- Unit IV: Cultural and universal variations in turn-taking conversation. Teaching Spanish vocabulary as a second and foreign language: systematization and exercises. Passive constructions with the verb to be and Impersonal Passive. Use of authentic material (journalistic, literary) to teach Spanish as a second language
Students who attend 75% of the lectures will receive a certificate, signed and verified by the Private Educational General Administration Office [Dirección General de Educación de Gestión Privada] of the Government of the City of Buenos Aires.